Skip to main content

Jello Cookies

On a whim, I tried a recipe for "Jello Cookies", found in The Sensible Cook's 52 Weeks of Healthy Cooking.  Well, not really on a whim...I had a wayward box of blueberry jello hidden in the back of my pantry that really needed to be used.

...and was I super-surprised!  Easy and tasty.  I've made them several times since, experimenting with different flavors of Jell-O (think about how many batches are possible!).  My eleven-year-old daughter can actually make these by herself, without any assistance from me.  Now, that's a testament!

2/3 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pkg (3 oz) of sugar-free Jell-O mix
1 egg white
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Beat butter and sugar until well-blended.  Stir in baking powder, jello, egg white, and vanilla.  Gradually add in flour until blended.  Dough will be soft.

Shape dough into a two-inch balls (I use a small cookie scoop), and place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are just starting to brown.  Remove to a cooling rack.

These little guys right here are Cherry-Lemonade flavored!

Comments

  1. Who knew you could use jello in a cookie! I like it, I am going to have to go see if I have any boxes lingering in the back of my pantry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly how it went for me! Random, lingering boxes!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For You!

I'm torn.  It's 8:40 p.m. here.  I know that I have roughly one hour of wakefulness left before I collapse onto my pillow for the night. My new term of classes start tomorrow.  My backpack is ready to go.  So is my leftover-lunch.  So is my breakfast smoothie.  All important emails has been sent.  I'm caught up on Facebook news. Hm.  How does one spend their last hour of energy before beginning the roller coaster ride of a new term? By watching Downton Abbey, Season 1 again...natch.  Now that there's no more DA until next January, I must watch the old episodes again for that fix.  And that, up until about twn minutes ago, was exactly what I'd planned on doing. Until I popped in here for moment to check on things.  And by things, I mean my "Stats".  And actually, by that, I mean my "Audience".  And I was shocked to see that in the last 24 hours, there have been more looks here at Be Food from France than from the US...

My Week...No Idea What It May Mean

Remember I'd finished reading Gary Taubes's "Why We Get Fat" over a week ago?  Turns out that meat could be good and bread could be bad?  Well, I needed more info.  So, I skimmed Dr. Arthur Agatston's South Beach for some information and then I bookmarked Nutrition Data for handy reference. And after all that, I still had no real idea of what exactly I should be eating.  But, to do nothing still makes me part of the problem... I finally decided to limit my carbohydrate intake to under 100 daily.  Also, I wanted to steer clear of foods high on the glycemic index (high in sugars, even natural ones).  Usually, foods high in carbs are high on the glycemic index...but then you get something like carrots, which are good for you, but high in carbs.  Crazy... Monday's weigh-in was 132.6 lbs.  Breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal and a half cup of blueberries - 34g carbs.  And just like that, one-third of my carbs were used up for the day.  And...

From Government Regulations to Chicken

So, I really wanted tonight's post to be whippy and biting and highly intelligent...and I've even got the perfect topic - government wine regulations: Europe vs. the US (subtitle: European Governments Seem to Trust Their Citizens A Whole Lot More The US, Otherwise Why Don't French, et al., Wine Labels Have the Surgeon General's "Pregnant Women Should Not Drink This/This Beverage Impairs Your Brain" Warning). But, I realized that to begin a post like that, I should probably know the answer to the question, yes?  Why do American wine labels include the warning, when, I don't know, isn't just common sense?  A quick search of this very query lands me at Wikipedia, which is good enough for a rude overview, but nothing that indicates why it's a law in the first place. Hence, more reading is required.  I hope to get to it soon.  It's almost August, two-thirds of this year is nearly gone, and sometimes I feel as I am moving very, very quickly along...